Mon17Jul.All dayFri28Virtual / physical eventSUMMER SCHOOL 2023Advanced training course that will focus on engineering disciplines with particular reference to the topics of the NVH for Industry 4.0(All day) Via Saragat, 1, Ferrara Event Organized By: Higher Education School in NVH for Industry 4.0
Details of the event
DATE: 17 – 28 July 2023 WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
Details of the event
DATE: 17 – 28 July 2023
WHAT IT IS ABOUT: It is an advanced training course that will focus on engineering disciplines with particular reference to the topics of NVH for Industry 4.0, both from the point of view of virtual simulation and experimentation. In particular, the summer school will cover the following topics
- Introduction to NVH
- Experimental NVH analysis (vibrational and acoustic measurements of rotating machines, experimental modal analysis)
- Numerical NVH analyzes (Dynamic and Acoustic Finite Element Analysis, Multibody Analysis, Finite Contour Analysis)
- Predictive maintenance through vibration analysis (signal analysis, diagnostics, prognostics)
- Methods for optimizing NVH performance
The goal of the school will be to provide skills of the highest technical level necessary for the complete resolution of NVH problems in the industry, for the development of new methods of investigation, research and innovation. The level of detail will be that of a second level master's degree. Particular space will be devoted to practical applications. At the end of the training course, the participants will be able to be autonomous in the use of the methodologies object of the training.
The 2023 Summer School provides two weeks full day with performance of online lessons in the first week and in presence in Ferrara (Department of Engineering) in the second week.
WHO IS IT FOR: The minimum entry requirements are the possession of a bachelor's degree (bachelor's) in STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). The Summer School is aimed at interested students, company employees, PhD students, industry professionals. Participation in the other organized events is not required to access the school.
FORMATIVE CREDITS: At the end of the school and only for those who have actively attended at least the 80% of the theoretical and practical lessons, a certificate of attendance. The participant will also have the possibility to receive 6 ECTS if in addition to attending the 80% of theoretical and practical lessons, he will take and pass one final oral exam. The 6 credits will be recognized for candidates who enroll in Master's Degree courses in Mechanical Engineering at the Universities of Ferrara, Bologna, Parma, Modena and Reggio Emilia, by submitting an appropriate application for recognition to the Career Office. Applicants from other universities will have to contact the student secretariats to activate the process of recognizing credits issued by other universities.
6 CFDs will be provided for doctoral students attending doctoral courses in engineering and pertaining to the Universities of Ferrara, Bologna, Parma, Modena and Reggio Emilia who actively attend at least 80% of theoretical and practical lessons.
DURATION: 80 hours overall, of which 40 hours provided in streaming and 40 hours provided in presence.
HOURS: from 9 to 13 and from 14 to 18.
LANGUAGE: Theoretical and practical lessons will be held in English.
TEACHERS: Prof.. Emiliano Mucchi, University of Ferrara; Prof.. Elisabetta Manconi, University of Parma; Dr. L. Maggi, Gea Group; Prof.. Cécile Capdessus, University of Orleans; Dr. Antonio Zippo, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia; Prof.. Stephan Heyns, University of Pretoria; Prof.. Marco Cocconcelli, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia; Prof.. S. Chatterton, Politecnico di Milano; Eng. F. Germano, Kistler Italia srl; Dr. G. D'Elia, University of Ferrara; Dr. D. Catelani/ G. Bartolozzi, hexagon; Prof.. Jean-François DEÜ, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers; Ing. E. Proner, University of Ferrara; Eng. A. Santoni, Eng. C. Marescotti; Prof.. Marco Troncossi, University of Bologna; Eng. E. Soave, MechVib Engineering.
Organizational notes: Lunches are offered. Possibility for those who request it and are not resident in the province of Ferrara to stay overnight in one of the partner hotels for free.
Number of competitors: maximum number 30
LOCATION: Theoretical lessons and laboratory experiences will be held in the classrooms and laboratories of the Polo Scientifico of the University of Ferrara and Saragat,1 – Ferrara.
STREAMING PROGRAM 17-21 JULY 2023:
- Monday 07/17/2023: Course Introduction, Basics of NVH I, Basics of NVH II
- Tuesday 07/18/2023: Signal processing I, Measuring vibration, Measuring Acoustics
- Wednesday 07/19/2023: Rotating Machinery I, Rotating Machinery II
- Thursday 07/20/2023: Finite elements methods in vibrations, Finite elements methods in acoustics
- Friday 07/21/2023: Multibody analysis, Boundary element methods
PRESENT PROGRAM 24-28 JULY 2023
- Monday 07/24/2023: Laboratory session: NVH (measuring vibration, noise, instrumentations, calibration).
- Tuesday 07/25/2023: Laboratory session: rotating machinery
- Wednesday 07/26/2023: Environmental testing, Laboratory session: Shaker 3D / Anechoic chamber
- Thursday 07/27/2023: Laboratory session: experimental modal analsyis
- Friday 07/28/2023: NVH case studies, Company stands with demos and presentations.
The inscription it is mandatory, to do so it is necessary to fill in the request using the format below
Registration is considered confirmed only after receipt of the confirmation email from email@example.com
Participation in the event is free.
july 17 (Monday) - 28 (Friday)
Classrooms and laboratories of the University of Ferrara
Via Saragat, 1, Ferrara
Higher Education School in NVH for Industry 4.0